The purpose of the SharePoint Governance Plan is to describe the policies, roles, responsibilities, and processes that guide, direct, and control how your business divisions and IT teams cooperate to achieve business goals. The Governance Plan addresses three main areas for governing SharePoint and applies to both the back end (hardware, farm, application, database configuration and maintenance) and the front end (information architecture, taxonomy, user experience).
The Montrium team can work with you to adapt our standard governance plan template to your organization. With proper planning, the management and governance of your SharePoint environment can be greatly simplified. This approach also ensures that the SharePoint environment is maintained in a controlled and compliant state.
Our Governance Plan covers the following high-level areas:
- SharePoint governance roles and responsibilities
- Management of user access rights and security
- SharePoint site standards
- SharePoint site administration
- Configuration and change management
- Information management and architecture
- Application management